DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shop made beading scraper (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/35893-shop-made-beading-scraper.html)

Ken Vaughn June 28th 04 05:47 PM

Shop made beading scraper

On a recent project I required a number of evenly spaced beads. I made a
beading scraper from a broken baseball bat, an old square shank screwdriver,
and a few cutters from an old Craftsman bench saw molding cutter which
hasn't been used in 30 years. It worked very well, so I ground a few cove
cutters which are shown below with a maple sample piece. It would be easy
to make a dovetail undercut bit from one of the square cutters in the
molding set.

The old screwdriver was so hard that I had to draw temper with a propane
torch before I could cut it and drill and tap the hole for the socket head
screw. They don't make them like they used to!

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65j/bead_scraper.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65...per_cutter.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65...per_sample.jpg

For those who may be interested, I show some other shop made lathe tools on
the lathe page on my vanity website:

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65j/lathes.html

--
Ken Vaughn
Visit My Workshop: http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/

ERich10983 June 28th 04 10:41 PM

Shop made beading scraper

a few cutters from an old Craftsman bench saw molding cutter which
hasn't been used in 30 years.

Great idea. I have one of these that also hasn't been used for years. I'll be
trying your idea soon.

Thanks

Earle Rich
Mont Vernon, NH