DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Powermatic 3520 stuff for trade.... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/357767-re-powermatic-3520-stuff-trade.html)

Don Riggs June 13th 13 05:44 AM

Powermatic 3520 stuff for trade....

j.duprie wrote:

Hi folks....

I've got a powermatic 3520, and I just discovered that the 3520A bed
extensions don't fit onthe 3520. The castings onthe 3520A are a tad
thicker - just enough so that the tailstock can't be adjusted to work on

both at the same time......

so here's the deal. I'd *really* like to get a long bed extension, so
if
you have a 3520A (and don't ever expect to need a bed extension), I'd
love
to swap my bed for your bed. I'll even throw in a spare banjo and tool
rest......

I am looking for a 3520A 18" bed extension. Would cash work?

.[_23_] June 21st 13 06:33 AM

On 6/12/2013 9:44 PM, Don Riggs wrote:
j.duprie wrote:

Hi folks....
I've got a powermatic 3520, and I just discovered that the 3520A bed
extensions don't fit onthe 3520. The castings onthe 3520A are a tad
thicker - just enough so that the tailstock can't be adjusted to work on

both at the same time......
so here's the deal. I'd *really* like to get a long bed extension, so
if you have a 3520A (and don't ever expect to need a bed extension), I'd
love to swap my bed for your bed. I'll even throw in a spare banjo and
tool rest......

I am looking for a 3520A 18" bed extension. Would cash work?

if you are near a machine shop, why not just mill the bed to spec? I
could do it for you pretty easily, so could anyone else with a mill