Default dvr noise

I have one of the original 110 v dvr's and am wondering if anyone has run
into the problem of sudden excessive,growling noise..The motor head does not
overheat it just makes a new, unusual, loud roaring sound and vibrates at
2500 rpm...The noise gets progressively higher pitched as rpm's are
increased..I know this lathe normally sounds different but not like the
current condition..Rick

On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:38:58 -0400, wrote:

I have one of the original 110 v dvr's and am wondering if anyone has run
into the problem of sudden excessive,growling noise..The motor head does not
overheat it just makes a new, unusual, loud roaring sound and vibrates at
2500 rpm...The noise gets progressively higher pitched as rpm's are
increased..I know this lathe normally sounds different but not like the
current condition..Rick

sounds like a bearing noise.

Thanks William...So far Tim is right on top of it..Good Service...Rick
"william kossack" wrote in message
Ah found it 1-304-295-8166

Tim is does the service on nova lathes for technatools in the US

william kossack wrote:

I would contact tim at or call him direct. I don't
have his phone number handy but the nova owners list has it.

wrote:

I have one of the original 110 v dvr's and am wondering if anyone has
run
into the problem of sudden excessive,growling noise..The motor head
does not
overheat it just makes a new, unusual, loud roaring sound and
vibrates at
2500 rpm...The noise gets progressively higher pitched as rpm's are
increased..I know this lathe normally sounds different but not like

the
current condition..Rick

Final chapter of the dvr saga..I received a new power head and made the
replacement today..Entirely different as far as noise is concerned..The new
one is ultra quiet and has absolutely no discernable runout...The only
expense to me is one way shipping and handling via ups...Great service as
far as I'm concerned..Tim,the old one will be on the way basck to WV
tomorrow..Take care,Rick