DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help with a Craftsman Lathe Model #351217150 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/357238-help-craftsman-lathe-model-351217150-a.html)

Dsabay May 31st 13 12:27 AM

Help with a Craftsman Lathe Model #351217150

I recently broke the drive belt on my 15"Craftsman Lathe.
Does anyone have any instructions for installing the new belt?

Ralph E Lindberg May 31st 13 06:24 AM

Help with a Craftsman Lathe Model #351217150

In article ,
Dsabay wrote:

I recently broke the drive belt on my 15"Craftsman Lathe.
Does anyone have any instructions for installing the new belt?

You normally have to remove the motor, then reinstall and tension the
belt then

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

.[_23_] May 31st 13 05:06 PM

On 5/30/2013 4:27 PM, Dsabay wrote:

I recently broke the drive belt on my 15"Craftsman Lathe.
Does anyone have any instructions for installing the new belt?

you probably have to remove the spindle - remove handwheel, loosen
pulley on spindle, release whatever keeps the spindle in place and pull
it out, insert new belt and reverse process - you can DL manuals from
the lathes.co.uk site most likely, and that may help