DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   South Bend 9" Lathe: Bowl Turning Tool Rest? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/35371-south-bend-9%22-lathe-bowl-turning-tool-rest.html)

Brian Wells March 9th 04 11:33 AM

South Bend 9" Lathe: Bowl Turning Tool Rest?

I have a South Bend 9" Precision Lathe, which I would like to use to
turn wood bowls. I have a spindle rest but need a rest suitable for
turning bowls. Can anyone advise me on what tool rest I should or
could use, and where am I likely to find one or get a plan to make
one?
Many thanks,
Brian

Leo Van Der Loo March 10th 04 05:50 AM

South Bend 9" Lathe: Bowl Turning Tool Rest?

Hi Brian

Have a look at my site, I have used a tool rest and banjo from a General
wood lathe on my lathe, if you want to know more details send me a message.

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum18.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo