Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Nova Ornamental Turner Availability

On Friday, July 5, 2002 11:18:10 AM UTC-4, Nick Silva wrote:
Greetings,
Well when I left for Providence, the Nova OT was still available. After
demoing with it and giving it a good recommendation, I checked the Woodcraft
website a couple of days ago only to discover that it is now sold out and
that they are accepting no new backorders for it. I have contacted their
customer service dept. about it and here is their response:

Thank you for your inquiry. This is the information I currently have
about the Ornamental Turner:

We were told by Teknatool that the OT has been temporarily withdrawn
from the market. However, Teknatool still has them on their website.
Our purchasing director emailed Teknatool several days ago, questioning
them about this, and has not received a response.

I believe there are a limited number of units available through our
retail system.

I really hate to see it become unavailable. I do however understand that it
did not have the commercial success everyone wanted. To some extent, it is
the fault of the distributors. I can't say I ever heard about anyone doing
demos with it (besides me). I once suggested to my local Woodcraft store to
let me demo it on a Saturday to generate some interest. The response was
simply: "No, no one is going to want to spend the money on one of these
anyway". Self fulfilling prophesy I guess.

Don't get me wrong - this is not a bash against Woodcraft. I really like
them guys at my local store, and at the corporate HQ.

If someone is interested in one, contact your local woodcraft, and then
Teknatool. Peace!

-nick

Hi I live in Florida, Teknatool main repair about 2 hours from my home. have and ornamental turner I have used for about 2-2 1/2 years and love it. Picked up the last of the complete turners, have two in boxes. And also bought 4 units just indexing side, sorry no extra cutting heads. Will part with, my e-mail is . The main repair shop still has some cutter inserts yet if needed.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
wrote:

Any one knows where I could find a teknatool ornamental turner?
Regards,,, Germain

My best recommendation is join every on-line forum, including
http://www.ornamentalturners.info/forum/forum.php and start asking

(wow, I just looked at the above and saw a friends work on their
featured photos)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

ornamental mill bumhead Woodworking 6 January 23rd 10 03:58 PM
ornamental mill bumhead Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 January 11th 10 02:18 AM
FS: Nova 3000 & Outboard Tool Rest for Nova DVR3000 and 3000 Lathes bob bauer Woodturning 0 August 22nd 04 04:35 AM
FS: Nova Ornamental Turning Attachment Nick Silva Woodturning 3 July 26th 04 02:04 AM
Nova DVR vs. Nova 3000 Carl McCarty Woodturning 5 July 13th 04 03:22 AM