DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   WTB: Desert Iron Wood BURL (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/35326-wtb-desert-iron-wood-burl.html)

Defender March 5th 04 02:03 PM

WTB: Desert Iron Wood BURL

Message says it all..
Darryl Pike

Bob S. March 6th 04 12:26 AM

Desert Iron Wood BURL

Darryl,

Our "Clueless", friend on the left coast (Larry) can probably help you out
locating somebody since he lives near the only place I know of where you may
have a chance of getting that. There are probably many places but just
south of Bend, Oregon is a small town that has a lot of craft shops,
artisans etc. and they do have a good supply of iron wood as I recall. It's
been about 10 years since I worked out that way so I sure don't remember the
names but I'll bet if you look up Bend and visit their site, you'll find a
mill or two there that will have it.

Larry, if your alive and breathing .... jump on in here will ya. Oh yeah,
one more thing Darryl - next time try to shorten your posts up a wee bit
will ya....;-)

Bob S.

"Defender" wrote in message
om...
Message says it all..
Darryl Pike

cm March 6th 04 12:39 PM

Desert Iron Wood BURL

You might look up "The Lumber Lady" She is located in Yuma, Arizona. You
might also find her thru the archives of this group.

AZCRAIG

"Defender" wrote in message
om...
Message says it all..
Darryl Pike

Defender March 7th 04 05:10 PM

Desert Iron Wood BURL

Thank you Bob...

What can I say.. I'm a person of few words...
Here is what I want it for
www.barrettebaron.com

All the best
Darryl Pike

PS: Where are you Larry?

Bob S. March 7th 04 05:49 PM

Desert Iron Wood BURL

Darryl,

Larry is alive and well and he hangs out in the rec.woodworking group so I
posted a message there for him too. Nice stuff you make there...

Oh.... New Years is over (at least here in the states) so you can loose the
mouse trailer.

Bob S.

m...