Dan Valleskey

Default reverse a Delta 1440 Iron Bed?

I've noticed I can get a nicer sanded finish if I turn my workpiece
around, rotate it in the other direction, and sand a second time.
Only works on spindle turning, of course.

Any opinions on whether I could/ should reverse the driection of
rotation of my motor? I can figure out how to switch it,
electrically, to run backwards when so desired. But will the pulleys
(sheaves?) still work? This is a lathe with a continously variable
speed range, pulleys that grow in width. The pulley on the head acts
as the master, the motor pulley is the slave.

Thanks!

-Dan V.

Gregory Jensen

Can you just flip the belt around at the Drive Motor?? so it looks like a
figure "8" I thought of this one day so I tried it and it works great ..
Make sure you are Not going to Unthread something like your chuck???

"Dan Valleskey" wrote in message
om...

I've noticed I can get a nicer sanded finish if I turn my workpiece
around, rotate it in the other direction, and sand a second time.
Only works on spindle turning, of course.

Any opinions on whether I could/ should reverse the driection of
rotation of my motor? I can figure out how to switch it,
electrically, to run backwards when so desired. But will the pulleys
(sheaves?) still work? This is a lathe with a continously variable
speed range, pulleys that grow in width. The pulley on the head acts
as the master, the motor pulley is the slave.

Thanks!

-Dan V.

Leo Lichtman

Dan Valleskey wrote: (clip) But will the pulleys (sheaves?) still work?
(clip)
I don't see why not. You have to watch out that the spindle threads do not
loosen, however.