DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nova chuck on Jet mini 1014? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/35060-nova-chuck-jet-mini-1014-a.html)

Joe January 24th 04 08:22 PM

Nova chuck on Jet mini 1014?

Hello-
Is the standard Nova chuck too big for the Jet mini 1014 lathe?
The Nova Compac is on hold for a redesign, and the standard Nova has a much
larger pile of accessories for it and it doesn't cost much more.
Anybody using a Nova on a Jet mini?
Thanks,
Joe in NH

Barry N. Turner January 25th 04 01:47 AM

Nova chuck on Jet mini 1014?

I hope not. I'm using a Super Nova on my Jet Mini with no problems. There
is a bit of a flywheel effect, but that's to be expected from a larger chuck
and a lathe with no braking. You shouldn't have any problems with the
standard Nova chuck.

Barry

Ron Williams January 25th 04 05:30 AM

Nova chuck on Jet mini 1014?

I use an old Standard Nova chuck on a Jet mini to demo tops, boxes and
candlesticks. No problems to date.

Ron Williams
Minn-Dak Woodturners
Moorhead, MN

Chuck January 28th 04 07:10 PM

Nova chuck on Jet mini 1014?

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:22:04 -0500, "Joe" wrote:

Hello-
Is the standard Nova chuck too big for the Jet mini 1014 lathe?
The Nova Compac is on hold for a redesign, and the standard Nova has a much
larger pile of accessories for it and it doesn't cost much more.
Anybody using a Nova on a Jet mini?

I'm using a SuperNova on my Jet mini and have been for over 2 years
with no problems. It's definitely heavier than the Nova and I use it
every day. I've also put pieces of wood on there that weigh probably
35-40 pounds and they've spun merrily around. You've got no worries
with your Jet and a Nova.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com