Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Bowl Saver

Looking for advice/comparison of McNaughton Center-Saver system vs
Woodcut Bowl Saver. How well do these things work?
--
G.W. Ross

After all is said and done, usually
more is said than done.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 22:06:10 -0500, "G. Ross"
wrote:

Looking for advice/comparison of McNaughton Center-Saver system vs
Woodcut Bowl Saver. How well do these things work?

I have the Mc Naughton in small and medium sizes and don't use them
since I moved... If they didn't weigh so damn much I might send them
to ya..lol
Never used the Woodcut or Oneway savers but this one was highly
recommended to me about 7 years ago...

I see that they've changes the tool rest swivel and the cutting tips
now...
There is a learning curve, but it you get large blanks it would be
worth the time and waste... (I made wuite a few "funnels" in the
precess...
No use fo them here with what little wood is available..
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
"G. Ross" wrote:

Looking for advice/comparison of McNaughton Center-Saver system vs
Woodcut Bowl Saver. How well do these things work?

I only have the McNaughton, but I have talked (extensively) with owners
of all three systems.

The McNaughton has the steepest learning curve, it is also the only one
that you can vary the shape of the cut, that is to say you have a choice
rather then just cutting a hemisphere. To the point where I have used
the straight cutter with patter forms and to core open form shapes

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In ,
"G. wrote:

Looking for advice/comparison of McNaughton Center-Saver system vs
Woodcut Bowl Saver. How well do these things work?

I only have the McNaughton, but I have talked (extensively) with owners
of all three systems.

The McNaughton has the steepest learning curve, it is also the only one
that you can vary the shape of the cut, that is to say you have a choice
rather then just cutting a hemisphere. To the point where I have used
the straight cutter with patter forms and to core open form shapes

Thanks. I ordered the McNaughton.

--
G.W. Ross

Maximum capacity eight persons.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 11/16/2012 07:31 AM, G. Ross wrote:
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In ,
"G. wrote:

Looking for advice/comparison of McNaughton Center-Saver system vs
Woodcut Bowl Saver. How well do these things work?

I only have the McNaughton, but I have talked (extensively) with owners
of all three systems.

The McNaughton has the steepest learning curve, it is also the only one
that you can vary the shape of the cut, that is to say you have a choice
rather then just cutting a hemisphere. To the point where I have used
the straight cutter with patter forms and to core open form shapes

Thanks. I ordered the McNaughton.

The one thing about them is they require at least a 1.5 hp motor.
That's what I have and it's barely enough...

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:31:34 -0500, "G. Ross"
wrote:

Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In ,
"G. wrote:

Looking for advice/comparison of McNaughton Center-Saver system vs
Woodcut Bowl Saver. How well do these things work?

I only have the McNaughton, but I have talked (extensively) with owners
of all three systems.

The McNaughton has the steepest learning curve, it is also the only one
that you can vary the shape of the cut, that is to say you have a choice
rather then just cutting a hemisphere. To the point where I have used
the straight cutter with patter forms and to core open form shapes

Thanks. I ordered the McNaughton.

I think they've added a laser feature.. I'd jump to that....

Power Saver Device Mariam Rasheed Home Repair 1 March 8th 12 02:58 PM
BG Standby Saver The Medway Handyman UK diy 6 September 14th 09 05:32 PM
how to put a new PVC fitting after using a socket saver [email protected] Home Repair 5 June 22nd 09 11:37 PM
ADC saver Tango2 Electronics 2 May 26th 06 12:53 PM
Kel Centre Saver Tom Storey Woodturning 13 February 4th 06 02:43 PM