Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Tool Sharpening equipment?

"coffelt2" wrote in message news:...
Looking for advise here. There have been threads here about lathe tool
sharpening,
and I think Ive read them all. For 6 or 7 years.
I see Grizzly has an 8" wet grinder with a leather strop (?) wheel.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/8-Gr...arpener/T10097

I've got, and use, an 8", high speed tool post grinder, and had been
thinking of a finer grit stone, but a good stone costs almost as much as
I paid for the whole grinder. The darn thing is just too fast and
unforgiving
for my level of experience. especially trying to eyeball grind a good
"fingernail"
grind (I think some here call it) Once in a while I hit it right, and then
the
turning is just so much fun it is hard to stop!

What do you think? I hope to coax SWMBO to stop by Bellingham
Grizzly showroom with me next week.

Old Chief Lynn

tool sharpening DejaVoodoo Woodturning 10 March 4th 10 12:45 AM
Tool Sharpening Neillarson Woodturning 9 September 5th 07 08:13 PM
Buy or Sell your Used Construction Equipment; ie. excavators, backhoes, dozers, graders, cranes, compactors, dump trucks, heavy trucks, forestry equipment, farming equipment, mining equipment and much more.... Iron Globe Home Repair 0 May 23rd 07 03:27 PM
FS-Saw sharpening equipment Gunner Woodworking 0 August 8th 06 05:05 AM
F/S foley belsaw sharpening equipment [email protected] Woodworking 2 December 17th 04 06:57 PM