DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nova 3000 question (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/34563-nova-3000-question.html)

Justme71457 November 9th 03 05:05 PM

Nova 3000 question

I have a Nova 3000 lathe and i have started noticing a vibration that appears
to be coming from the head stock. I have isolated all that I can and it appears
that there may be some slack in the bearings. Has anyone experienced a similar
problem?

Greg

Bob Pritchard November 10th 03 02:39 AM

Nova 3000 question

Hi Greg, I don't own a nova 3k but have read a lot of posts here where the
setscrew in the headstock pulley has worked loose or moved out of alignment.
There were also people reporting vibration and found the knockout bar left
inside the spindle by mistake.
I have a Nova 3000 lathe and i have started noticing a vibration that appears
to be coming from the head stock.

Bob, Naugatuck Ct.
http://www.outofcontrol-woodturning.com

Justme71457 November 11th 03 04:40 PM

Nova 3000 question

Hey Bob, I too read some of those post and checked both pulleys and while i
have left the knock out bar in the shaft before this isnt the case this time.
I have had problems with the motor on several occasions and i think perhaps
that may have caused some problems...I will have to contact woodcraft and see
if they have had any reports of this and what can be done to correct the
problem.

Thanks,

Greg