DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Two companies to rave about.... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/34479-two-companies-rave-about.html)

RikC October 27th 03 10:06 PM

Two companies to rave about....

Hey All,

I just had two encounters with companies I had to tell you about.

1. I recently ordered a 6" rest from Woodcraft and while using it the top
rail broke from it's weld. I called the company and they sent a new one with
a return label. All without asking me for an invoice number.

2. I also ordered some Anchorseal from UC Coatings and the shipment got
damaged in transit. They notified me as such and sent a new shipment out.
Later that week a gentlemen (nice guy) called to see how the order process
was and if I enjoyed using the product.

I don't know if they know it but they have a loyal customer for life.

rik

--

Padded room with a view
RWC3

Peter Teubel October 28th 03 11:43 AM

Two companies to rave about....

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:06:50 GMT, "RikC" wrote:

1. I recently ordered a 6" rest from Woodcraft and while using it the top
rail broke from it's weld. I called the company and they sent a new one with
a return label. All without asking me for an invoice number.

That was a common problem, but usually happened when it was dropped (DAMHIK). Personally, I think the spot welds on it are not
that great to begin with (poor weld penatration), so I just welded it back myself.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com

Larry E October 28th 03 10:10 PM

Two companies to rave about....

Rik, I had the same problem with the Woodcraft rests and the Tulsa,
OK store did the same for me. Fortunately I have a store to walk into
and they exchanged the 12" tool rest with no questions asked and gave
me a new one. Woodcraft is tops in service!

Larry E.
Tulsa, OK

Peter Teubel January 27th 04 11:46 PM

Two companies to rave about....

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 23:34:42 GMT, "Walter H. Klaus" wrote:

1. I recently ordered a 6" rest from Woodcraft and while using it the top
rail broke from it's weld. I called the company and they sent a new one

The welds on those toolrests are weak. Mine broke and after inspecting the weld area, I just MiG'ed it myself. Much better job,
too. No more broken rails...