DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Urns for veterans (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/342953-urns-veterans.html)

John Grossbohlin[_2_] June 28th 12 10:48 PM

Urns for veterans

My woodworkers club is making urns for unclaimed veterans remains... John

For Some time NWA has been making URNS for the unclaimed Cremated remains of
US veterans.

The Patriot Guard Riders has a recovery program for these remains and NWA is
helping by producing the urns for this purpose.

We have been getting requests from all over the country for plans for making
these urns. It seems others would like to help by making some urns.

NWA has produced a tutorial for the making of the wood turned urns we
produce and it is now available at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NEwoodAssoc

NWA also has a YOUTUBE CHANNEL where other NWA videos will be posted.

If you would like to become a part of the URN project by making either the
turned or the square urns which NWA makes, please contact

Ken Evans
518 753 7759
518 281 0770

[email protected] July 1st 12 01:09 AM

Urns for veterans

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:48:43 PM UTC-4, John Grossbohlin wrote:
My woodworkers club is making urns for unclaimed veterans remains... John

For Some time NWA has been making URNS for the unclaimed Cremated remains of
US veterans.

Is there a document available outlining how to make these urns?

Bob in NC

tom koehler July 6th 12 06:43 PM

Urns for veterans

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 19:09:12 -0500, wrote
(in message ):

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:48:43 PM UTC-4, John Grossbohlin wrote:
My woodworkers club is making urns for unclaimed veterans remains... John

For Some time NWA has been making URNS for the unclaimed Cremated remains
of
US veterans.

Is there a document available outlining how to make these urns?

Bob in NC

Google is your friend... do a search for "wooden cremain urns" and you will
get a good start on the kind of information you are looking for. In some
localities, cremation is considered "final disposition" and anything goes...
cardboard box, to dumping in the nearest lake or stream. Other places might
require much more stringent handling.

Adequate size and pleasing shape are probably the first two considerations.

tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.