DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Delta model 1460 lathe (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/34269-delta-model-1460-lathe.html)

Bob Itnyre September 22nd 03 01:22 AM

Delta model 1460 lathe

Over the weekend I acquired a beautiful Delta Milwaukee model 1460
lathe. The previous owner took wonderful care of it. It has the
cast iron legs and a multi speed pulley system, along with the
original wood shelves, upper and lower. Anyway a couple of questions
for this group.

Does anyone know what this lathe and stand etc. weighs?

It has 1/4 HP motor made, according to its plate, by the Packard
division of General Motors. Is this the Packard of auto making fame?
Any idea how old this lathe is? Many thanks, Bob

Dave Peebles September 22nd 03 02:05 AM

Delta model 1460 lathe

Hello Bob,

Take a look at this link....

http://www.weberwoodworking.com/rest.../12sdlathe.htm

David did a great job on restoring it. He may be of some help.

Dave

--
David Peebles
Lyons, Ohio

om...

RPociask1 September 23rd 03 04:38 AM

Delta model 1460 lathe

294 pounds, from my Delta catalog of 1963.

1/4 HP motor is not original. Delta sold this with either a 1/2 hp or a 3/4 hp
motor.

I have one, also, and use it mostly for bowls. Great lathe.