Bruce White

Default Nova 3000 Motor

My Nova3000 started acting up about 7 months after I got it too. I used it
as an excuse to upgrade to the Nova 3000DVR. While the service department
wasn't that happy with me, the local store went to bat and forced it for me.
I got a full refund on the Nova3000 towards the new lathe.

Bruce
"JustMe71301" wrote in message
I have had my Nova 3000 w/ 1 hp motor for about 7 months now. The original
motor developed problems very quickly and was replaced. While sanding on

bowl today the motor spindle snapped clean in to. While im sure Woodcraft

will
replace the motor I am getting concerned that this may be an ever present
problem...seems as i have read a thread or two here concerning this

subject.
Anyone out there have an opinion?

Greg

guy

My 3000 came with the 1 HP motor but I replaced it with a 1.5 HP 3
phase motor with a controller that I got from Dealers Electric. The
variable speed is sweet and I don't change the belt over too often
unless I need a lot of torque. The motor is physically smaller than my
1 HP was so it made installing it easy. Could have gone with a 2 HP
but they didn't have one in stock at the time and this combo if I
remember right was right around $300 +/-. I could look up the price if
I had to though. Dealers were real easy to work with and so far the
motor and controller have not given me any problems at all.