Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Any turners in Racine, WI?

I'm finally giving in to my curiosity about turning and am picking up a
midi-lathe and a good set of tools in a few days. Would like to network
with turners in SE Wisconsin. It seems like the closest club is a bit
out of comfortable driving range. I can be reached at lawrence dot r
dot tarnoff at gmail dot com.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Gramp's shop wrote:
I'm finally giving in to my curiosity about turning and am picking up a
midi-lathe and a good set of tools in a few days. Would like to network
with turners in SE Wisconsin. It seems like the closest club is a bit
out of comfortable driving range. I can be reached at lawrence dot r
dot tarnoff at gmail dot com.

Same here in south Georgia. Why don'tcha move down here away from all
the cow poop
and we could start our very own club.

--
Gerald Ross

If an experiment works, you must be
using the wrong equipment.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
Gramp's shop wrote:

I'm finally giving in to my curiosity about turning and am picking up a
midi-lathe and a good set of tools in a few days. Would like to network
with turners in SE Wisconsin. It seems like the closest club is a bit
out of comfortable driving range. I can be reached at lawrence dot r
dot tarnoff at gmail dot com.

Not surprising, many non-urban areas have few clubs

Of course you could start one... A guy I know moved to a town in Montana
where the closest club was 200 miles away, so he started a club. They
have about 25 members now

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 2/29/2012 5:25 AM, Gerald Ross wrote:
Gramp's shop wrote:
I'm finally giving in to my curiosity about turning and am picking up a
midi-lathe and a good set of tools in a few days. Would like to network
with turners in SE Wisconsin. It seems like the closest club is a bit
out of comfortable driving range. I can be reached at lawrence dot r
dot tarnoff at gmail dot com.

Same here in south Georgia. Why don'tcha move down here away from all
the cow poop
and we could start our very own club.

I don't think I could take the gnats, although if you're near the coast
I might reconsider.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Gramp's shop wrote:
I'm finally giving in to my curiosity about turning and am picking up a
midi-lathe and a good set of tools in a few days. Would like to network
with turners in SE Wisconsin. It seems like the closest club is a bit
out of comfortable driving range. I can be reached at lawrence dot r
dot tarnoff at gmail dot com.

Same here in south Georgia. Why don'tcha move down here away from all
the cow poop
and we could start our very own club.

I don't think I could take the gnats, although if you're near the coast
I might reconsider.

Strange thing about the gnats. When I was growing up here they were a
fact of life.
When we moved back here in '99 there were no gnats and the young
people did not know what they were. Last year they returned. Must
be the global swarming.

--
Gerald Ross

Going the speed of light is bad for
your age.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hey there. I am in Racine , and I started segmented woodturning about 6 months ago. I also started single piece bowl / box +lid turning as well. Maybe starting a club is a good idea if we can find more turners in the area. My name is John. I can be reached at
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramp's shop View Post
I'm finally giving in to my curiosity about turning and am picking up a
midi-lathe and a good set of tools in a few days. Would like to network
with turners in SE Wisconsin. It seems like the closest club is a bit
out of comfortable driving range. I can be reached at lawrence dot r
dot tarnoff at gmail dot com.
Conceivably beginning a club is a great thought provided that we can find more turners in the zone. I began divided wood turning in the ballpark of 8 months prior. I likewise began single piece bowl turning besides.

racine power hack saw [email protected] Metalworking 0 January 9th 09 08:56 AM
For The Turners JACK Woodworking 8 December 28th 07 08:58 PM
For The Turners JACK Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 December 26th 07 07:07 PM
Mac or any other Turners Joe Woodworking 4 April 29th 06 05:56 PM
question for turners mark Woodworking 5 December 29th 04 06:19 PM