Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Walnut and Rowan jar

Just posted a walnut and rowan (Mountain Ash) jar that I just completed
today over in a.b.p.w and in facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...l=3 75941ede5

(why do they have to use such ugly long URLs?)

I salvaged the rowan wood from the firebox. Usually I don't burn it,
but had some that had some bad splits in it so just chopped it up. When
I was building a fire one day I noticed the nice figure in it, so set
the stick aside. Figured it was big enough to make a lid or two out of.
Glad I did!

It's about 4 1/2" high by 6 1/2" wide. Finished with three or four
coats of Minwax Tung Oil.

Thanks for looking...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
Just posted a walnut and rowan (Mountain Ash) jar that I just completed
today over in a.b.p.w and in facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...l=3 75941ede5

(why do they have to use such ugly long URLs?)

Very Nice work!

If you don't like the long URL, try www.tinyurl.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 12/01/2011 05:47 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
Just posted a walnut and rowan (Mountain Ash) jar that I just
completed today over in a.b.p.w and in facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...l=3 75941ede5

(why do they have to use such ugly long URLs?)

Very Nice work!

Thanks.

If you don't like the long URL, try www.tinyurl.com

I guess I don't like tinyurl too much either. I like to know where I'm
going - sometimes the bad guys will redirect you to a site you'd rather
not visit by using it...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
In a recent survey, 7 out of 10 hard drives preferred Linux
Registered Linux User No: 307357, http://linuxcounter.net
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
On 12/01/2011 05:47 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
Just posted a walnut and rowan (Mountain Ash) jar that I just
completed today over in a.b.p.w and in facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...l=3 75941ede5

(why do they have to use such ugly long URLs?)

Very Nice work!

Thanks.

If you don't like the long URL, try www.tinyurl.com

I guess I don't like tinyurl too much either. I like to know where I'm
going - sometimes the bad guys will redirect you to a site you'd rather
not visit by using it...

That's what the 'preview' is for.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Kevin

I guess I don't like tinyurl too much either. I like to know where I'm
going - sometimes the bad guys will redirect you to a site you'd rather
not visit by using it...

You'll be 'creating' the tiny URL so you don't have to follow it.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 12/01/2011 10:49 PM, Stephen Quinn wrote:
Kevin

I guess I don't like tinyurl too much either. I like to know where I'm
going - sometimes the bad guys will redirect you to a site you'd rather
not visit by using it...

You'll be 'creating' the tiny URL so you don't have to follow it.

Yes, I know that. But I'm not the only one that's wary of them. I
don't obfuscate them so that others know where they're going. I
probably should have been clearer in my previous post...

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 12/01/2011 09:14 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

That's what the 'preview' is for.

Oh - never seen that before. I just enabled it (requires cookies in my
browser). That's definitely a nice option, thanks....