Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Jet JWL-1236 Lathe

In article ,
"James" wrote:

Hi Group, I just purchased a Jet JWL-1236 lathe and if someone out
there has one of these lathes I have a question. Can someome tell me
what each indexing stop represents in inches? I have the instuction
manual but it doesn't say anything about it. My old lathe didn't have
stops on it so its kind of a new thing to me. Thanks, Jim

Inches? That would depend on the diameter of the wood on the lathe.

I think (?) there are twelve stops, that would mean there is one every
thirty degrees of rotation

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

In article ,
"James" wrote:

Hi Group, I just purchased a Jet JWL-1236 lathe and if someone out
there has one of these lathes I have a question. Can someome tell me
what each indexing stop represents in inches? I have the instuction
manual but it doesn't say anything about it. My old lathe didn't
have stops on it so its kind of a new thing to me. Thanks, Jim

Inches? That would depend on the diameter of the wood on the lathe.

I think (?) there are twelve stops, that would mean there is one
every thirty degrees of rotation

Thanks, I was referring to the stops on the spindle for fluting. Jim

Jet JWL-1236 Lathe Dr. Deb[_3_] Woodturning 0 November 30th 11 03:02 PM
Jet JWL-1236 Lathe Leon[_7_] Woodturning 0 November 30th 11 01:41 PM
Jet JWL-1236 Lathe DanG[_2_] Woodturning 0 November 30th 11 10:11 AM
Jet JWL-1236 Lathe Nova Woodturning 2 November 30th 11 03:48 AM
Jet JWL-1236 Lathe James[_14_] Woodworking 0 November 29th 11 02:38 PM