Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Jet JWL-1236 Lathe

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:38:11 -0600, "James"
wrote:

Hi Group, I just purchased a Jet JWL-1236 lathe and if someone out
there has one of these lathes I have a question. Can someome tell me
what each indexing stop represents in inches? I have the instuction
manual but it doesn't say anything about it. My old lathe didn't have
stops on it so its kind of a new thing to me. Thanks, Jim

Are you referring to the 12 indexing positions on the spindle? The
would be 30 degrees apart. I'm not sure what you're asking when you
say "inches".
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

Hi Group, I just purchased a Jet JWL-1236 lathe and if someone out
there has one of these lathes I have a question. Can someome tell me
what each indexing stop represents in inches? I have the instuction
manual but it doesn't say anything about it. My old lathe didn't
have stops on it so its kind of a new thing to me. Thanks, Jim

Are you referring to the 12 indexing positions on the spindle? The
would be 30 degrees apart. I'm not sure what you're asking when you
say "inches".

Thanks for the reply. I was referring to the index holes on the
spindle. I can probably figure out my spacing from that. Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

Hi Group, I just purchased a Jet JWL-1236 lathe and if someone out
there has one of these lathes I have a question. Can someome tell me
what each indexing stop represents in inches? I have the instuction
manual but it doesn't say anything about it. My old lathe didn't
have stops on it so its kind of a new thing to me. Thanks, Jim

Are you referring to the 12 indexing positions on the spindle? The
would be 30 degrees apart. I'm not sure what you're asking when you
say "inches".

Thanks for the reply. I was referring to the index holes on the
spindle. I can probably figure out my spacing from that. Jim

James -

I think you have us all confused. Typically there are indexing holes
on the large pulley that is mounted to the spindle in the machine head
end. I think I have 60 in my old machine - I'll try to count soon. It
is circ. 1947 or 46 Made in the USA.

If your are talking about different holes - please explain. The Jet
might have something all together different - or you might not
understand something.

Martin

Jet JWL-1236 Lathe James[_14_] Woodworking 0 November 29th 11 02:38 PM
Opinions about a JET JWL-1236 Wood Lathe? Flash Gordon Woodturning 6 March 14th 09 07:34 PM
JET JWL-1236 Wood Lathe // Opinions? KIMOSABE Woodworking 5 February 15th 09 02:19 PM
Jet 1236 moter Dave W Woodturning 0 July 13th 05 10:26 PM
Just bought a Birmingham YCL-1236-GH Lathe. Now what? [email protected] Metalworking 2 January 22nd 05 01:48 AM