Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Pics

Hi all,
I have posted two pics on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Comments please.

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have posted two pics on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Comments please.

Tom

Since the big ISP dropped newsgroups, many of us no longer have access to
abpw. Posting to a site such as flickr.com and providing the link might
produce more comments.

--
" Well you can't trust a special like the old time coppers
When you can't find your way 'ome"

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 11/13/2011 01:07 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Tom" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have posted two pics on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Comments please.

Tom

Since the big ISP dropped newsgroups, many of us no longer have access
to abpw. Posting to a site such as flickr.com and providing the link
might produce more comments.

Thanks for the reminder - my ISP still provides it, so I forget that
they're not universally accessible any more.

Try
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...l=3 75941ede5
(watch the line wrap).

I have them set for public viewing so you shouldn't need a facebook
account to see them. Let me know if you have any trouble...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have posted two pics on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Comments please.

Tom

Since the big ISP dropped newsgroups, many of us no longer have access
to abpw. Posting to a site such as flickr.com and providing the link
might produce more comments.

Thanks for the reminder - my ISP still provides it, so I forget that
they're not universally accessible any more.

Try
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...l=3 75941ede5
(watch the line wrap).

I have them set for public viewing so you shouldn't need a facebook
account to see them. Let me know if you have any trouble...

Very nice work and no trouble viewing! I do like working with walnut, but
curly ash is new to me. It just Sounds gnarly, how is it to turn?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 11/13/2011 10:15 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

Very nice work and no trouble viewing! I do like working with walnut,
but curly ash is new to me. It just Sounds gnarly, how is it to turn?

Thanks. I'll have more to come in a few days. The curly ash isn't bad.
Don't really notice a difference between it and and regular ash.
Turns pretty nicely actually. Very clean, no bad tear out. Wish I had
more of it, but I only got a small piece. Probably be able to make two
or three more canisters of similar size.

I've made a couple out of curly maple that the finish is drying on that
turned out nicely as well...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 19:31:45 -0600, Kevin Miller wrote
(in message ):

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have posted two pics on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Comments please.

Tom

Since the big ISP dropped newsgroups, many of us no longer have access
to abpw. Posting to a site such as flickr.com and providing the link
might produce more comments.

Thanks for the reminder - my ISP still provides it, so I forget that
they're not universally accessible any more.

Try
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?....1422642899&ty
pe=1&l=375941ede5
(watch the line wrap).

I have them set for public viewing so you shouldn't need a facebook
account to see them. Let me know if you have any trouble...

...Kevin

very nice! flashy grain - a real attention getter!
tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.