Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Has anybody ever purchased from these guys?

http://www.thingswestern.com/3.html
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Nobody?
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 04:52:27 -0700, jtpryan wrote:

Nobody?

Apparently no one who reads this group :-). Have you tried asking the
question elsewhere?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 10/17/2011 03:52 AM, jtpryan wrote:
Nobody?

Never heard of them.

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I'm surprised, the tools seem like a good deal. I'll ask over in woodworking, but they are turning tools...

I think I saw the guy on that wood turning show on cable using one.

Thanks anyway.

-Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 10/18/2011 02:13 AM, jtpryan wrote:
I'm surprised, the tools seem like a good deal. I'll ask over in woodworking, but they are turning tools...

I think I saw the guy on that wood turning show on cable using one.

Thanks anyway.

There are any number of guys out there selling similar tools. For
instance see http://www.easywoodtools.com/ for a bit more polished
version. Or at http://aroundthewoods.com/oland.shtml if you're inclined
to make your own.

All of the turning catalogs will also have commercial versions of
carbide tipped tools as well. I suspect most of us order from more
established places with known track records or from turners that are
known in the turning community, either from participation here, in
forums, or at symposiums.

That said, if you're looking at getting one of those types of tools,
look around and see what all is out there, and which offers the most
bang for the buck for you...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:14:31 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

There are any number of guys out there selling similar tools. For
instance see http://www.easywoodtools.com/ for a bit more polished
version. Or at http://aroundthewoods.com/oland.shtml if you're inclined
to make your own.

One you didn't mention is:

http://www.woodchuck-tools.com/index.htm

I've bought from him and am well satisfied with both the quality and the
pricing.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 23:14:26 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:14:31 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

There are any number of guys out there selling similar tools. For
instance see http://www.easywoodtools.com/ for a bit more polished
version. Or at http://aroundthewoods.com/oland.shtml if you're inclined
to make your own.

One you didn't mention is:

http://www.woodchuck-tools.com/index.htm

I've bought from him and am well satisfied with both the quality and the
pricing.

I have 2 tools from Woodchuck and would recommend them in a
heartbeat.. GREAT customer service!
My first tool had a defect.. after exchanging a few emails and
attaching a picture, they express shipped a replacement tool and told
me to keep the original one..
Much less than the EZ tool line for the exact same tool..

Also, he sold me a box of 10 inserts for the price of less than 3 of
the same insert from EZ..
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks for all the references, I'll check them out as well. I just thought EZ was too expensive.

-Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Looks like they have some nice forge patterns - burn a design into wood
easily with one on a handle.

Martin

On 10/14/2011 4:49 PM, jtpryan wrote:
http://www.thingswestern.com/3.html

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,alt.crafts.blacksmithing

You should ask the alt.crafts.blacksmithing group as they
might buy the supplies. Or want to once seeing them

Martin

On 10/17/2011 6:52 AM, jtpryan wrote:
Nobody?