DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A Rain Wand Follow Up (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/328697-rain-wand-follow-up.html)

charlie b September 18th 11 05:12 PM

A Rain Wand Follow Up

Earlier I posted a link to a Rain Wand I was doing for a friend in
Central Texas where they've had a summer of drought and a long heat wave
- as well as a hell of a big FIRE that's started almost two weeks ago.

I finally got the piece finished and in the mail. It got to Kyle Texas
on Thursday. My friend took it outside at moonrise, raised it to the
heavens and sang a few choruses of Let It Rain. It rained! Not a
typical Central Texas gully washer, but it rained -lightly - for a
little while. On Friday morning at sunrise my friend went outside and
repeated the previous evening's ritual. It rained again!

Coincidence?

charlie b

Artemus[_4_] September 18th 11 08:14 PM

A Rain Wand Follow Up

"charlie b" wrote in message
Earlier I posted a link to a Rain Wand I was doing for a friend in
Central Texas where they've had a summer of drought and a long heat wave
- as well as a hell of a big FIRE that's started almost two weeks ago.

I finally got the piece finished and in the mail. It got to Kyle Texas
on Thursday. My friend took it outside at moonrise, raised it to the
heavens and sang a few choruses of Let It Rain. It rained! Not a
typical Central Texas gully washer, but it rained -lightly - for a
little while. On Friday morning at sunrise my friend went outside and
repeated the previous evening's ritual. It rained again!

Coincidence?

charlie b

New religions have been founded on far less.
Art

Martin Eastburn September 19th 11 01:37 AM

A Rain Wand Follow Up

Watch out - you will be invaded for having a working design without
a government watchdog approving of it first! You pose a life
threatening tool - dumping rain upon the heads of the peoples!

Martin

Lobby Dosser[_3_] September 19th 11 04:02 AM

A Rain Wand Follow Up

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
Watch out - you will be invaded for having a working design without
a government watchdog approving of it first! You pose a life
threatening tool - dumping rain upon the heads of the peoples!

Martin

Well, in the wrong hands ...

Kevin Miller[_2_] September 19th 11 04:27 AM

A Rain Wand Follow Up

On 09/18/2011 08:12 AM, charlie b wrote:
Earlier I posted a link to a Rain Wand I was doing for a friend in
Central Texas where they've had a summer of drought and a long heat wave
- as well as a hell of a big FIRE that's started almost two weeks ago.

I finally got the piece finished and in the mail. It got to Kyle Texas
on Thursday. My friend took it outside at moonrise, raised it to the
heavens and sang a few choruses of Let It Rain. It rained! Not a
typical Central Texas gully washer, but it rained -lightly - for a
little while. On Friday morning at sunrise my friend went outside and
repeated the previous evening's ritual. It rained again!

Coincidence?

I think you better patent that thing quick! Those folks down in Texas
will buy a million...

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska