Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default A Rain Wand

After having made a magic wand for every kid in the neighborhood and a
few for some women I know, this Rain Wand is a significant departure
from earlier wands. For this piece, the turning was the easiest,
quickest part of the project. Spent eight or ten times the turning time
in the "special effects".

What may or may not be of interest to folks here is the use of Tar Gel
as a "surface treatment". This stuff has all sorts of interesting
potential uses. Any come to mind for YOU?

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...RainWand1.html

As always, questions, comments, suggestions and constructive criticism
welcomed.

charlie b
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

charlie b wrote in
:

After having made a magic wand for every kid in the neighborhood and a
few for some women I know, this Rain Wand is a significant departure
from earlier wands. For this piece, the turning was the easiest,
quickest part of the project. Spent eight or ten times the turning time
in the "special effects".

What may or may not be of interest to folks here is the use of Tar Gel
as a "surface treatment". This stuff has all sorts of interesting
potential uses. Any come to mind for YOU?

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...RainWand1.html

As always, questions, comments, suggestions and constructive criticism
welcomed.

charlie b

After over a foot of rain in a week and a half we don't need any friggin
rain wands in the northeast.

Jerry
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 8/31/2011 3:46 PM, charlie b wrote:
After having made a magic wand for every kid in the neighborhood and a
few for some women I know, this Rain Wand is a significant departure
from earlier wands. For this piece, the turning was the easiest,
quickest part of the project. Spent eight or ten times the turning time
in the "special effects".

What may or may not be of interest to folks here is the use of Tar Gel
as a "surface treatment". This stuff has all sorts of interesting
potential uses. Any come to mind for YOU?

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...RainWand1.html

As always, questions, comments, suggestions and constructive criticism
welcomed.

charlie b

My wife wants one. For some reason about 2.5" diameter and 10" long.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 03:14:40 GMT, A Lurker wrote:
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...RainWand1.html

After over a foot of rain in a week and a half we don't need any friggin
rain wands in the northeast.

Jerry

Please send it over to Western Australia, we have had several years
of much below average rainfall. Our dams are only about 32% full and
that 300mm would be a big help, being about 1/3 of annual rainfall.

Alan