Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Carving a future turning - with a laser engaver

Been playing with a laser engraver. Turns out they can do 3D low relief
carving - on flat stuff - and on curved surfaces. Took some doing to
wade through the Epilog MiniHelix manual to find and understand what the
thing can do and how it does it. Had to get an old copy of Corel Draw
cause that's what Epilog uses to get images to the laser. I think I've
posted links to some of the test results I got. Now I've put together a
first cut at a Laser Engraving Primer. Still have some more to go - but
here's what I've got at the moment.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...ravingTOC.html

Hope to save the next guy/gal some time and flatten the Learning
Curve a bit.

Let me know what you think.

charlie b
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Wow!

That is just great, Charlie!!! This is something I, for one, really
appreciate. I have not read and understand all of what you published so far,
but it looks "doable" if I reread it a few more times. (not your writing, my
brain)

Thanks again, we'll be watching.

Old Chief Lynn