Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Vega Lathe

In the cameron, Mo. area. It's my understanding Vega is a good lathe.

I usually post on Rec. Woodworking forum, so I hope you turners don't
mind my posting this. Looks like this may be a good deal, if the
price remains low:
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...897&acctid=430

Wish I could do some decent turning.

Sonny

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 15:10:51 -0500, Dr. Deb wrote
(in message ) :

http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...897&acctid=430

it is a duplicating lathe - basically a wood turning lathe with a Vega
duplicating attachment. The spiked wheel you see travels the duplicating
cutter back and forth along the ways. The cutter is a hollow ground vee
shape, mounted on a spring-loaded spindle which is guided by a follower that
drags along a pattern mounted on the ways. The pattern goes in and out - the
follwer goes in and out - the cutter goes where the follower goes. (I have an
"old" Vega duplicator unit that bolts on to my Shopsmith - have not used it
in years)
tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

That is a copy lathe so it seems to me.

Wood copy - e.g. spindles...

Chain pulls in the cutter.

Can be manual mode or copy mode. Looks nice.

Martin

Vega Copy Lathe Sonny Woodworking 0 February 4th 10 03:13 PM
FS Vega Midi Lathe Duplicator Curran Copeland Woodturning 0 January 8th 09 02:09 AM
Delta lathe and Vega pro duplicator for sale [email protected] Woodworking 2 June 2nd 07 04:20 PM
Vega 2600 Bowl Lathe FS [email protected] Woodturning 1 July 27th 06 11:44 PM
Vega 2400 bowl lathe Rick Woodturning 0 November 12th 04 04:16 PM