DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Showcase photos (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/320999-re-showcase-photos.html)

John Grossbohlin[_2_] March 30th 11 03:23 AM

Showcase photos

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Mar 29, 6:52 pm, "John Grossbohlin"

wrote:

I uploaded a VERY small sample of works on display at Showcase this year
ABPW... there were 525+ entries on display! This was our biggest show yet
as we added 5,000 sq ft of floor space, a lot more vendors, as well as
the
usual full compliment of lectures and demos. I understand that Totally
Turning had a huge turnout also so I posted some turned items despite my
role as a flat boarder. ;~)

It was a good show. Here are a few more pictures for the collection.
Some dupes - seems we like the same sort of thing.
http://imgur.com/a/pCEqS/all

In my case I liked a LOT of the stuff! ;~)

I see you had Giles Gilson's "self cleaning coffee table" in your
collection... His shop is near my office and I spent an interesting
afternoon there one time... There is a lot of neat stuff on his web site
that you might enjoy.

http://www.gilesgilson.com/index.html

Giles is a friend of Steve Sherman's
http://www.shermanwoodturning.com/St...Site/HOME.html and Steve
introduced us about 4-5 years ago at a "mixed media" workshop. Steve
developed the Nano Revolution turning tools, e.g.,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PHD..._order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5T1y..._order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNtlqBhmD1M

I think Steve runs his lathes at about 20,000 rpms... those videos are NOT
in fast motion.... he is fearless! LOL

John