Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Woodworking Show in Saratoga Springs NY

My club's annual show, Woodworkers Showcase, is coming up the last weekend
of March, 2011. It's an all volunteer run organization, not a commercial
show.

This marks our 20th year and with renovations to the Saratoga City Center we
have more room for larger exhibit and vendor halls. In addition to the
exhibits and vendors we have a comprehensive lecture series that is included
in the price of admission. See the web site for a discount coupon.

http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking will be there again this year. He has
declared our show the best one in the world on a number of occasions... !

I'll being giving a lecture this year titled "The versatile scrub plane."
Robin Lee of Lee Valley Tools has graciously lent me a number of new and
antique scrub planes that will surely enhance the lecture.

BTW, if you are a turner Totally Turning is at the same venue the same
weekend.

http://www.totallyturning.com/

Look me up!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
m:

[...]

Check is written for Totally Turning. Third year for TT/NWA. It is a
great show in a nice venue. Even bringing the wife this year. I'll look
you up & may sit in on the scrub plane presentation, I have a wide board
ash table to make.

Jerry
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

"A Lurker" wrote in message
"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
m:

[...]

Jerry,

Yes, please do look me up. It's fun to meet people from the rec... though
last year it was a little unnerving when I noticed an unknown woman kind of
stalking me. I caught her looking at me a number of times as I moved around
the facility. I was talking and or walking with someone when I observed her.
Though within seconds of being alone she came up to me. Turns out she was an
internet associate! I had my name tag on so she could identify me but I had
no idea who she was! She is an artist but not a woodworker... As such I gave
her a personal tour of the exhibit hall and explained the what and how of
various items. Turns out she was in the area for a youth's birthday party
in the late afternoon so she stopped in.

RE wives. When Totally Turning moved to Saratoga Springs from downtown
Albany a lot of wives started going for the weekend. This as there is lots
to do in a nice area! This is a hint for those guys who would like to go but
have spousal issues. ;~)

John