Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Maple jars

Just uploaded some photos in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking for those
that still have news groups and also in facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=ac1ab63db4

Hopefully the Usenet posts will propagate in a timely manner. Last time
I had to repost. I think the facebook page is public so no login required.

Happy Thanksgiving all...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Great looking piece , I just love that maple. A friend tossed an old
table my way. It was 5/4 maple 4' x 6' it will make allot of segments
for this winters light house project I'll be starting saturday.

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 11/25/2010 08:39 PM, Jerry - OHIO wrote:
Great looking piece , I just love that maple. A friend tossed an old
table my way. It was 5/4 maple 4' x 6' it will make allot of segments
for this winters light house project I'll be starting Saturday.

Jerry

Be interesting to see the lighthouse when you're done. I've done a
couple - the first one can be seen he
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb/lighthouse/

How do you plan on doing the lighted portion?

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
In a recent survey, 7 out of 10 hard drives preferred Linux
Registered Linux User No: 307357, http://counter.li.org
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 14:17:04 -0600, Kevin Miller wrote
(in message ):

Just uploaded some photos in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking for those
that still have news groups and also in facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=ac1ab63db4

Hopefully the Usenet posts will propagate in a timely manner. Last time
I had to repost. I think the facebook page is public so no login required.

Happy Thanksgiving all...

...Kevin

I really like the mountain ash piece and the zebrawood(?) pieces. They are
all very good, but I do have some favorites in this series of pics/

tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Maple jars-Keven

Wow !!!
I never thought of putting a light in it.
The globe is a great idea ,and I have an old gum ball light that the red
dome got dropped and broken I can use the guts from that and use a 12
volt wall pack on it to make it rotate.
It witt look like the one on my web page.

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

That's a 'Sweet' looking light house !!!
Thanks fo posting it !! It's poeple like you that make this hobby
great.

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 11/27/2010 08:33 PM, Jerry - OHIO wrote:
Wow !!!
I never thought of putting a light in it.
The globe is a great idea ,and I have an old gum ball light that the red
dome got dropped and broken I can use the guts from that and use a 12
volt wall pack on it to make it rotate.
It witt look like the one on my web page.

I used a candelabra fixture. It's rated for 75 watts, but I only use a
25 watt bulb because I don't want it to get to hot. The globe is closed
so there's no place for the heat to dissipate. The 12 v converter pack
sound like just the ticket though, and having it rotate will be cool!

That's a 'Sweet' looking light house !!!
Thanks fo posting it !! It's poeple like you that make this hobby
great.

Thanks, although pretty much all my work is inspired by others much more
talented than I. But that's one thing I really like about woodworking -
the willingness of people to share. That's what makes it fun...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
In a recent survey, 7 out of 10 hard drives preferred Linux
Registered Linux User No: 307357, http://counter.li.org
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 11/27/2010 08:33 PM, Jerry - OHIO wrote:

It witt look like the one on my web page.

Is the stripe on that one dyed or individual pieces of contrasting wood?
Either way, that looks great!

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
In a recent survey, 7 out of 10 hard drives preferred Linux
Registered Linux User No: 307357, http://counter.li.org

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I think they are indivesual peices. The guy that made those pieces is a
pro compared to me. He ownes a tree cutting service here in Ohio. Talk
about a never ending supply of wood!!!

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hey Keven!!!
After all this time I just now noticed your wood working site. You sure
have some nice turnings on your page.

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/Jerryohio-2/HONEYDOLIST

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 11/28/2010 09:00 PM, Jerry Ohio-2 wrote:
Hey Keven!!!
After all this time I just now noticed your wood working site. You sure
have some nice turnings on your page.

Thanks. It's sadly outdated - haven't put anything new up in ages.
Been wanting to redo the site, but just haven't gotten around to it.
More fun to make things in the shop!

Best...

--
Kevin Miller