Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default turning video problem

A Google search turned up the site:

http://woodturningvideos.com

When I go there, the site comes up and then my browser exits. I'm
running Firefox under Linux. Would someone in the group please try the
site with some other browser or the same browser using Windows and post
the result? Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Larry Blanchard wrote:
A Google search turned up the site:

http://woodturningvideos.com

When I go there, the site comes up and then my browser exits. I'm
running Firefox under Linux. Would someone in the group please try the
site with some other browser or the same browser using Windows and post
the result? Thanks.

Just tried it running Iceweasel (Firefox) on a Debian Lenny box. Worked
fine, although the bandwidth is a bit choked here at work. I'll test it
tonight on my openSUSE box at home.

When I first clicked, the video box just disappeared, but after a few
seconds it came back. Might have just been downloading during that time...

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Larry Blanchard wrote:
A Google search turned up the site:

http://woodturningvideos.com

When I go there, the site comes up and then my browser exits. I'm
running Firefox under Linux. Would someone in the group please try the
site with some other browser or the same browser using Windows and post
the result? Thanks.

Works in Seamonkey on XP3 after I allowed it in NoScript.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

I came, I saw, I had no idea what was
going on, so I left.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:31:54 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

Larry Blanchard wrote:
A Google search turned up the site:

http://woodturningvideos.com

When I go there, the site comes up and then my browser exits. I'm
running Firefox under Linux. Would someone in the group please try the
site with some other browser or the same browser using Windows and post
the result? Thanks.

Works in Seamonkey on XP3 after I allowed it in NoScript.

Well, it appears it must be a problem with my particular setup. Thanks
to all for the responses.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
A Google search turned up the site:

http://woodturningvideos.com

When I go there, the site comes up and then my browser exits. I'm
running Firefox under Linux. Would someone in the group please try the
site with some other browser or the same browser using Windows and post
the result? Thanks.

Firefox 5.0 & Win Vista OK

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
A Google search turned up the site:

http://woodturningvideos.com

When I go there, the site comes up and then my browser exits. I'm
running Firefox under Linux. Would someone in the group please try the
site with some other browser or the same browser using Windows and post
the result? Thanks.

BTW, the site seems to have some interesting videos. You could just get them
all on YouTube by searching 'woodturning', but having them at one spot is
useful.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Larry Blanchard wrote:
A Google search turned up the site:

http://woodturningvideos.com

When I go there, the site comes up and then my browser exits. I'm
running Firefox under Linux. Would someone in the group please try the
site with some other browser or the same browser using Windows and post
the result? Thanks.

I use Explorer (and Windows 7).

No problem - the site comes up fine, and the videos run with sound and
vision.

David,
Nr Hull,
N.E. Coast of England
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

David Taylor wrote:
Larry Blanchard wrote:
A Google search turned up the site:
http://woodturningvideos.com

When I go there, the site comes up and then my browser exits. I'm
running Firefox under Linux. Would someone in the group please try
the site with some other browser or the same browser using Windows and
post the result? Thanks.

I use Explorer (and Windows 7).

No problem - the site comes up fine, and the videos run with sound and
vision.

Same here - running Debian & iceweasel (firefox rebranded). I'll give
it a go at home tonight with openSUSE 11.2 & firefox, but iirc, it
worked last time from there too.

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
In a recent poll, seven out of ten hard drives preferred Linux.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

David Taylor wrote:
Larry Blanchard wrote:
A Google search turned up the site:
http://woodturningvideos.com

When I go there, the site comes up and then my browser exits. I'm
running Firefox under Linux. Would someone in the group please try
the site with some other browser or the same browser using Windows
and post the result? Thanks.

I use Explorer (and Windows 7).

No problem - the site comes up fine, and the videos run with sound and
vision.

Same here - running Debian & iceweasel (firefox rebranded). I'll give
it a go at home tonight with openSUSE 11.2 & firefox, but iirc, it
worked last time from there too.

My old message must have gotten resent - I posted that several weeks
back :-).

I just tried again and got the same results. The site page actually
starts to come up and then Firefox goes away. It's not a major problem
and apparently I'm the only one having the problem. But thanks for the
input.

I'll see if there is a newer version of Firefox someday when I wnat to
take the time.

Video Platter Turning? Barry N. Turner Woodturning 2 December 2nd 05 03:59 PM
HP8569B turning knobs for tuning, level and video filter ? Dieter Electronics Repair 0 November 18th 05 05:53 PM
My New Bowl Turning DVD Video Steve Russell Woodturning 2 August 30th 05 05:31 AM
Turning dvd/video biffer Woodturning 15 May 23rd 05 03:27 PM
Technical Video Rental: turning videos for rent TJIC Woodturning 0 March 4th 05 10:06 PM