DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Loose Nova G3 Chuck Slides (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/295760-loose-nova-g3-chuck-slides.html)

Tom Whearty January 9th 10 04:11 AM

Loose Nova G3 Chuck Slides

I've been having trouble getting my bowls to turn true lately. Not a
lot of wobble but enough to require a lot of sanding on opposing
sides. I'm wondering if the play in the slides on Nova G3 chuck are
to blame. It seems to be getting worse over time.

Any suggestions?

Tom W.

Moray[_2_] January 9th 10 10:21 PM

Loose Nova G3 Chuck Slides

On Jan 9, 12:11*am, Tom Whearty wrote:
I've been having trouble getting my bowls to turn true lately. *Not a
lot of wobble but enough to require a lot of sanding on opposing
sides. *I'm wondering if the play in the slides on Nova G3 chuck are
to blame. *It seems to be getting worse over time.

Any suggestions?

Tom W.

Do the bolts on the jaws losin? If the chuck itself has a wobble it
maybe the threads in the chuck are wore. If it takes a taper lock you
may have to retighten that . Do your face plates run true? If they run
true then hopefully not your headstock thread. Just somethings to look
for. Murray

Martin H. Eastburn January 10th 10 04:13 AM

Loose Nova G3 Chuck Slides

Ok - take the bowl off the chuck. Tighten the chuck until the dovetails
touch and all match. You might have one a thread out or in from each other
and be cutting a programmed oval.

Martin