DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Trip to Ireland (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/284908-trip-ireland.html)

dragonhollow August 18th 09 02:43 AM

Trip to Ireland

My wife will be spending some time in Ireland soon and I would like
for her to send me back some nice wood indigenous to the area. I'm
not sure where she will be traveling, but I do know that she'll be
spending a few days in Dublin. I am interested in Bog Oak turning
blocks as well as any other species of the local variety. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ralph E Lindberg August 18th 09 01:31 PM

Trip to Ireland

In article
,
dragonhollow wrote:

My wife will be spending some time in Ireland soon and I would like
for her to send me back some nice wood indigenous to the area. I'm
not sure where she will be traveling, but I do know that she'll be
spending a few days in Dublin. I am interested in Bog Oak turning
blocks as well as any other species of the local variety. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Something to consider is the import restrictions that your country may
have on "plant material". It's very common to have complete bans on wood
with bark on

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv