DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sears Lathe Identification Help (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/279432-sears-lathe-identification-help.html)

[email protected] May 31st 09 02:36 AM

Sears Lathe Identification Help

I'm an amature hobbyist. I just picked up a Sears Long Bed Wood
Lathe, Model Number 28955 and six chisels off of Kijiji. I have been
searching the net for information and manuals on the lathe but with no
success.

It has a capacity to turn a 12" diameter and 41" between centers. It
has dual tubes that the tail stock moves on. I'm guessing it was made
by someone else for Sears.

Does anyone have any information they can share with me?

Thanks,
Sheldon

Norvin[_2_] May 31st 09 04:05 AM

wrote:
I'm an amature hobbyist. I just picked up a Sears Long Bed Wood
Lathe, Model Number 28955 and six chisels off of Kijiji. I have been
searching the net for information and manuals on the lathe but with no
success.

It has a capacity to turn a 12" diameter and 41" between centers. It
has dual tubes that the tail stock moves on. I'm guessing it was made
by someone else for Sears.

Does anyone have any information they can share with me?

Thanks,
Sheldon

I think the reply by Len on rec.woodworking was what you are looking for.

june June 1st 09 02:22 PM

On May 30, 7:36*pm, wrote:
I'm an amature hobbyist. *I just picked up a Sears Long Bed Wood
Lathe, Model Number 28955 and six chisels off of Kijiji. *I have been
searching the net for information and manuals on the lathe but with no
success. *

I just came across this site regarding old woodworking tools which
might be of some help.
http://www.owwm.com/

June