Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default DeWALT DC925KA Heavy-Duty XRP 18-Volt Ni-Cad 1/2-Inch Hammerdrill/Drill/Driver Kit

Price:$535.98
Image: http://megadiscountfinder.info/image.php?id=B000H4G21K
Best deal: http://megadiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B000H4G21K

This is an excellent tool. It is well made, has plenty of power and was well thought out by DeWALT. It makes fast and enjoyable work out of long and big jobs. It is well worth the money.
This was my first DeWALT purchase and it won't be my last. Easy to use although a bit heavy. It really does the job. This tool has taught me the right tool for the job makes all the difference.
I've owned this drill for 2 and 1/2 years. I used it a good bit to do around the house chores. It worked great for me and has power to do just about anything that I wanted it to do. Unfortunatly, it completely failed on me last week. It didn't show any signs of wear until, while I was doing a really small project the battery started to smoke and catch fire. The whole drill locked up and now it's completely useless. The product support department said it sounded like a short in the trigger.I paid $270 for this drill hoping that it would be a drill that would last for several years and to my disappointment I don't think I made a good investment.I am going to send it back to Dewalt for repair because it has a conditional 3 year warranty, but they informed me that they will decide if it was a defect was due to a faulty product or not. Sadly, I would not recommend this drill to friends or family.
i am very happy with the standard drilling end of the drill well made and sturdy. the only thing i can gripe about is the hammerdrill mode it was too slow for me. i am spoiled with a corded bosch hammerdrill. overall get this xrp drill.
I haven't actually used my new Dewalt DC925KA, but after comparing it to my old Sears Craftsman 15.6V Industrial drill that it replaced, there is very little comparison. It is a work of art and very well built. The batteries appeared to have some charge from the factory, and she's powerful enough to darn near twist your wrist if you're not ready for it. Most reviews were great, and I have no doubt that this will be an outstanding drill for a couple of decades or so. Borrowed a buddies old and abused DC759KA after my Craftsman died, and I was hooked, so I ordered the 925 figuring I would use the hammerdrill feature from time to time as well. My only gripe: no screwdriver bits were included, so it's a good thing that I hung onto my Craftsman bits. An integrated level would also have been a nice addition. You won't be disappointed, however.
The DeWalt DC925KA Heavy Duty 18-volt XRP Hammerdrill/Drill/Driver comes with a high efficiency motor that delivers 480 unit watts for superior performance in all drilling and fastening applications. Features include a patented 3-speed all-metal transmission that matches the speed to the application for optimal performance and a heavy-duty 1/2-inch self-tightening chuck that tightens throughout an operation to provide superior bit gripping torque. Other features include superior ergonomics for optimized balance, size, and weight, and an XRP 18-volt extended run-time battery for long run-time and battery life. Backed by a 3-year manufacturer's warranty, this hammerdrill/drill/driver comes with a one-hour charger, two 18-volt XRP batteries a 360-degree side handle, and a heavy-duty kit box.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

DEWALT DC9096 XRP 18-Volt 2.4 Amp Hour NiCad Pod Style Battery:http://megadiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B0002AJKOA
DeWalt DW2163HEX 37-Piece Fastener-Set:http://megadiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B00004RH2E
DEWALT DW919 18 Volt Flexible Floodlight, No Battery:http://megadiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B0000222ZP