Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Zircon 61902 Studsensor Pro Sl-Ac, Edge Finding Stud Finder, Yellow

Price:$19.99
Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B000KL63BO
Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000KL63BO

It looks great, but it's not really a tool because it does nothing. To make a long story short, I've spent a good 6 hours with my brand-new Zircon and haven't found a single stud. We're talking standard sheet rock in a 1960's apartment building. The worst part is the live wire ac detector is so bad you can only laugh. I have one entire 12'X 8' wall this unit says has hot wires behind every square inch. Since the wall doesn't lead to a switch or outlet, and as an electrician I know for a fact these walls don't contain a tightly woven mesh of had conductors, it's got one or two conductors tops. I then took the unit and placed it on and around various ac outlets, switches, even directly on top of a fluorescent and got no "hot wire" warning. This unit definitely can kill you which is probably why it has no UL rating. This is my third electronic stud finder. They're all worthless. Drill test holes, or open the wall up. Find two studs in a row and you'll know where all the studs on a particular wall are. Zircon: shame on you!
Zircon 61902 works great on sheetrock walls,but does not very good on plaster/lath walls.
Stud Sensor Pro Sl Finder With AC, Finds Wood, Metal Studs & Joints Behind Walls, Floors & Celings Up To 1-1/2" Deep, For Safety, It Indicates The Presence Of AC Voltage While Scanning.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Cables To Go Velocity Series 40315 HDMI Cable (Blue, 2 meters):http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B0009S5HQA
Peerless ST650P Tilting Wall Mount for 32" to 50" Flat Panel Displays (Black):http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000AM8SK2
Super-Bright 9 LED Heavy-Duty Compact Aluminum Flashlight - Gunmetal Silver:http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000LIOPTS
Milwaukee 49-22-1129 12-Piece Ultimate Demolition Sawzall Blade Set:http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000BYAZLE
Philips Spooled Speaker Wire - 100ft - 16 gauge:http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B0009A1F6Y

ACCESSORIES:

This Old House (1-year):http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B00005R8BL
Measuring, Marking, and Layout: A Builder's Guide:http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=1561583359

Zircon stud detectors Stephen[_6_] UK diy 8 February 9th 09 04:32 PM
Edge finder/ Center finder question Roger Shoaf Metalworking 9 June 8th 08 05:22 PM
Zircon stud detectors in the UK dskeeles UK diy 16 March 23rd 06 06:24 PM
Stud Finder david lang UK diy 3 December 27th 05 02:23 PM
Stud finder? Tim Lamb UK diy 4 May 15th 05 09:08 PM