DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Woodcraft sale (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/277108-woodcraft-sale.html)

Ed Edelenbos May 2nd 09 11:54 PM

Woodcraft sale

Ok, I'm a heathen... a relative newbie to turning and an infrequent turner
at that. I got my Woodcraft flier and on sale, marked down from $44 to
around $22 is a mini late tool set. 5 tools, which are on my list of things
I "need" (.125" gouge and parting tool, and .25" gouge, round nose scraper,
and skew chisel). I went and took a look and now there they are, sitting on
the shelf under the lathe. Like the guy a the shop (who I've come to trust)
said, they're not Sorby or the like, but they do what they are supposed to
and hold a decent enough edge. As I've come to say now and then, sometimes
good enough... is. The sale is on through May. I thought it was worth
passing on.

Ed

Larry Blanchard May 3rd 09 12:48 AM

Woodcraft sale

On Sat, 02 May 2009 18:54:27 -0400, Ed Edelenbos wrote:

Ok, I'm a heathen... a relative newbie to turning and an infrequent
turner at that. I got my Woodcraft flier and on sale, marked down from
$44 to around $22 is a mini late tool set. 5 tools, which are on my
list of things I "need" (.125" gouge and parting tool, and .25" gouge,
round nose scraper, and skew chisel). I went and took a look and now
there they are, sitting on the shelf under the lathe. Like the guy a
the shop (who I've come to trust) said, they're not Sorby or the like,
but they do what they are supposed to and hold a decent enough edge. As
I've come to say now and then, sometimes good enough... is. The sale
is on through May. I thought it was worth passing on.

Ed

I bought that set a while back, and found them to be better than I
expected for the price. As you say, not top of the line, but yes, they
are good enough.

[email protected] May 6th 09 07:34 AM

Woodcraft sale

On an extremely rare trip to WC today, I took a minute to look at
these. They look pretty nice to me, and I don't see how you could
lose at the price.

The boys there said they have had no complaints.

Robert