DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Yet Another Stypin Super Glue Trick (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/275221-yet-another-stypin-super-glue-trick.html)

charlieb April 5th 09 06:49 AM

Yet Another Stypin Super Glue Trick

After applying some thinned CA glue to the tearing out end grain
of a piece of green pepper I'm turning - I THOUGHT I'd hit all the
areas where I applied it with the "hardener/instant set" spray.
Apperently I missed some.

Didn't notice that when I spun the piece up and turned some more
that some of the not set up thinned CA glue sprayed off - onto
my watch band - where the band that goes through the buckle
passes through the little "keeper loop".

I come in to take a shower before heading off to a birthday
party - and I can't get my watch off! Fortunately it's an
inexpensive CASIO - with a rubbery plastic band. A little
hot water, a little flexing and tugging - and the glue bond
let go.

Glad it wasn't a metal band.

Dumb. Really Dumb.

Leon April 5th 09 03:07 PM

"charlieb" wrote in message
After applying some thinned CA glue to the tearing out end grain
of a piece of green pepper I'm turning - I THOUGHT I'd hit all the
areas where I applied it with the "hardener/instant set" spray.
Apperently I missed some.

Didn't notice that when I spun the piece up and turned some more
that some of the not set up thinned CA glue sprayed off - onto
my watch band - where the band that goes through the buckle
passes through the little "keeper loop".

I come in to take a shower before heading off to a birthday
party - and I can't get my watch off! Fortunately it's an
inexpensive CASIO - with a rubbery plastic band. A little
hot water, a little flexing and tugging - and the glue bond
let go.

Glad it wasn't a metal band.

Dumb. Really Dumb.

I have a bottle of De-Glue around for instances like this. ;~)

mac davis[_5_] April 5th 09 05:24 PM

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 09:07:45 -0500, "Leon" wrote:

"charlieb" wrote in message
After applying some thinned CA glue to the tearing out end grain
of a piece of green pepper I'm turning - I THOUGHT I'd hit all the
areas where I applied it with the "hardener/instant set" spray.
Apperently I missed some.

Didn't notice that when I spun the piece up and turned some more
that some of the not set up thinned CA glue sprayed off - onto
my watch band - where the band that goes through the buckle
passes through the little "keeper loop".

I come in to take a shower before heading off to a birthday
party - and I can't get my watch off! Fortunately it's an
inexpensive CASIO - with a rubbery plastic band. A little
hot water, a little flexing and tugging - and the glue bond
let go.

Glad it wasn't a metal band.

Dumb. Really Dumb.

I have a bottle of De-Glue around for instances like this. ;~)

I'm cheap.. I use the wife's nail polish remover..

Don't use the "acetone free" kind, though... DAMHIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing