Old December 24th 15, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Delta/Rockwell 46-450 Lathe

On Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 4:43:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
wrote in
:

On Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 5:45:08 PM UTC-5, James wrote:
Hi Group, What's your opinion of this lathe? How does it compare to a
new one? I'm looking at bowl turning and the price is pretty good.
Thanks, Jim
--

I have the same lathe in same state of not being used. Can't seem to
get the shaft to turn. I don't have any instructions with it. does

I found a parts diagram, maybe you can figure it out from there.

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/delta...le-speed-wood-
lathe.html

Is the shaft stuck or does it wobble back and forth a bit?

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Can't get the shaft to move at all. The parts diagram helps.Thanks

Old December 26th 15, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

is the spindle pin engaged ? My lathe has 360 holes in the pulley.
A pin that keeps the spindle locked can be placed into any hole and
allow indexing around the spindle for special spindle or bowl work.

One normally has to rotate slightly and pull and rotate to lock it 'out'.

Sometimes you have to open a door to gain access. Usually next to the
spindle near where a chuck is turned on or a faceplate.....

Martin