DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CA Glue and Polycarbonate Glasses (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/265236-ca-glue-polycarbonate-glasses.html)

Francis Harrison November 21st 08 03:12 AM

CA Glue and Polycarbonate Glasses

Is there a way to successfully remove CA glue spatter from
polycarbonate glasses? I thought the glue was dry but obviously it was
not.

FH

dan cordes November 21st 08 06:29 AM

CA Glue and Polycarbonate Glasses

Sorry FH, the CA reacts with the Poly lenses and pits them. Nothing you can
do except replace them.

Dan

mac davis[_5_] November 22nd 08 04:33 PM

CA Glue and Polycarbonate Glasses

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:12:48 -0700, "Francis Harrison"
wrote:

Is there a way to successfully remove CA glue spatter from
polycarbonate glasses? I thought the glue was dry but obviously it was
not.

FH

I don't think so.. has to be a great bond..

Just be damn glad that you were wearing them, though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

John November 23rd 08 10:26 PM

CA Glue and Polycarbonate Glasses

In message , mac davis
writes
wrote:

Is there a way to successfully remove CA glue spatter from
polycarbonate glasses? I thought the glue was dry but obviously it was
not.

FH

I don't think so.. has to be a great bond..

Just be damn glad that you were wearing them, though..

mac

I would suggest that as the glasses are basically scrap, have a go at
polishing the area, if you dot return the glasses to a state suitable
for the workshop, you will definitely get practice polishing to a high
finish :)
--
John