DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Computers and Wood turning (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/252958-computers-wood-turning.html)

John June 12th 08 12:20 PM

Computers and Wood turning

One thing that comes to mind apart from most here having an interest in
wood turning, is that we all use computers. We may love them or hate
them, but they are an an extra tool in the toolbox.

Many of you have probably seen these mug warmers that plug into the USB
port of your computer.

Some of you may have seen the Beer tap that plugs into the USB port.

But has anyone yet seen a lathe that plugs into the USB port, wouldn't
it be great to have both your interests to hand :)

I now return you to your regular service
--
John

randyswoodshoop June 12th 08 01:08 PM

Computers and Wood turning

On Jun 12, 6:20*am, John wrote:
One thing that comes to mind apart from most here having an interest in
wood turning, is that we all use computers. We may love them or hate
them, but they are an an extra tool in the toolbox.

Many of you have probably seen these mug warmers that plug into the USB
port of your computer.

Some of you may have seen the Beer tap that plugs into the USB port.

But has anyone yet seen a lathe that plugs into the USB port, wouldn't
it be great to have both your interests to hand :)

I now return you to your regular service
--
John

A beer tap and and a lthe pluged in, that might be aproblem....lol

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com

William Noble June 13th 08 01:22 AM

Computers and Wood turning

"Maxwell Lol" wrote in message
John writes:
But has anyone yet seen a lathe that plugs into the USB port, wouldn't
it be great to have both your interests to hand :)

Sawdust in your back-plane. Does Lee Valley make back-planes?

no, but they will take your plane back....