Woodturning (rec.crafts.woodturning) To discuss tools, techniques, styles, materials, shows and competitions, education and educational materials related to woodturning. All skill levels are welcome, from art turners to production turners, beginners to masters.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old January 25th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 8
Default wood lathe copying attachment

Hi,
I am thinking to buy a wood lathe copying attachment to duplicate some
baseball bats.
Is there anyone of you, who know about how many baseball bats that
these kind duplicator can produce on a day (for beginner)?

Thanks,
Darius

  #2   Report Post  
Old January 25th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 680
Default wood lathe copying attachment


wrote: (clip) how many baseball bats that
these kind duplicator can produce on a day (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not as many as you will make by freehand turning after you get the hang of
it.


  #3   Report Post  
Old January 26th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 8
Default wood lathe copying attachment

Normally, I can make only 20 bats a day. I hope this machine can
increase production and accuracy.
  #4   Report Post  
Old January 26th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2007
Posts: 493
Default wood lathe copying attachment

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:00:43 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Normally, I can make only 20 bats a day. I hope this machine can
increase production and accuracy.


If you're making 20 a day, you need to go CNC.. lol

You have a market for all those bats?


mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
  #5   Report Post  
Old January 26th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 8
Default wood lathe copying attachment

Yes, 20 bats by freehand but the precission is not very good, that's
why I try to search the lathe duplicator.

Do I have a market for all those bats? ---- I won't made those bats
if there was no inquiry, I sell those bats for $8.50 to $22.50 each.

Luck for me, I live in Indonesia, all of wood prices seem very cheap
here.
The only thing I have to wacth out just those terorist.

mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:00:43 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Normally, I can make only 20 bats a day. I hope this machine can
increase production and accuracy.


If you're making 20 a day, you need to go CNC.. lol

You have a market for all those bats?


mac

Please remove splinters before emailing



  #6   Report Post  
Old January 26th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Default wood lathe copying attachment

" writes:

The only thing I have to wacth out just those terorist.


Carry a bat.

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  #7   Report Post  
Old January 26th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 438
Default wood lathe copying attachment

In article
,
" wrote:

Hi,
I am thinking to buy a wood lathe copying attachment to duplicate some
baseball bats.
Is there anyone of you, who know about how many baseball bats that
these kind duplicator can produce on a day (for beginner)?

Thanks,
Darius


Vega makes the best, at least in the USA, where you live ?????

--
--------------------------------------------------------
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
This posting address is a spam-trap and seldom read
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
  #8   Report Post  
Old January 26th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 135
Default wood lathe copying attachment

I'm going to suggest a device (not of my invention) which might work for
you...

You need to mount a dowel behind your bat blank, and parallel to it. On
that dowel you have a number of fingers made from wood, wire, metal,...,
whatever, which are free to rotate on the dowel but are fixed in
position left to right. You adjust the length of each finger so that
when you use a parting tool on the blank where that finger is, it will
drop down when the blank is the right diameter.

So, now you mount the blank, get it round, then set the diameter at each
finger with a parting tool. When that is done, you just need to connect
the work you've already done.

I hope that is clearer than mudg.

Bill

Bruce Barnett wrote:
" writes:


The only thing I have to wacth out just those terorist.


Carry a bat.


  #9   Report Post  
Old January 26th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2007
Posts: 493
Default wood lathe copying attachment

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:30:42 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Yes, 20 bats by freehand but the precission is not very good, that's
why I try to search the lathe duplicator.

Do I have a market for all those bats? ---- I won't made those bats
if there was no inquiry, I sell those bats for $8.50 to $22.50 each.

Luck for me, I live in Indonesia, all of wood prices seem very cheap
here.
The only thing I have to wacth out just those terorist.


I'd be worried about unhappy customers "returning" their product.. ;-]



mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:00:43 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Normally, I can make only 20 bats a day. I hope this machine can
increase production and accuracy.


If you're making 20 a day, you need to go CNC.. lol

You have a market for all those bats?


mac

Please remove splinters before emailing



mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
  #10   Report Post  
Old January 27th 08, 10:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 8
Default wood lathe copying attachment

No worried for them, they almost never come back. But there is always
a new customer. That's why I'm looking for a duplicator.

Thanks

mac davis wrote:

I'd be worried about unhappy customers "returning" their product.. ;-]



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FA: True Trace lathe tracer attachment Jon Grimm Metalworking 0 May 19th 06 04:52 AM
Making lathe milling attachment on a mill Jerry Foster Metalworking 6 April 22nd 05 07:58 PM
Need help with Southbend Lathe Collet Attachment [email protected] Metalworking 4 December 13th 04 04:09 AM
Review: Sherwood SCA-900 Lathe Copying Attachment Woodcrafter Woodturning 0 December 6th 04 05:55 AM
fs global milling attachment for lathe Asp3211968 Metalworking 0 September 11th 04 07:11 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"

 

Copyright © 2017