DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Not a gloat, but... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/221463-not-gloat-but.html)

mac davis November 17th 07 03:52 PM

Not a gloat, but...

Some folks gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling, and I thought I'd mention it..

We mat a couple from Alaska last year on their vacation in Mexico.. Talked to
them for maybe 20 min at the pool and sort of forgot about them..

They came down again last week and I was sort of surprised that they not only
remembered us, but that I turned pens..
They'd stopped in Oregon on the way down and brought me a couple pounds of pen
blanks, mostly myrtlewood and some exotics that they'd never heard of..
(zebrawood, cocobolo, etc.)

I just thought that it was so nice of them to remember me and bring the stuff
all the way down here with them..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

charlieb November 17th 07 06:51 PM

Not a gloat, but...

See - every day we make memories -for ourselves
as well as others. Doesn't take much to make them
good ones, or at least not bad ones. And sometimes
that Cast Your Bread Upon The Waters thing turns
out to be true.

I think I'm gonna add a signature line
"There are far more angels than assholes"

Thanks for confirming that - again.

charlie b

mac davis November 18th 07 05:31 PM

Not a gloat, but...

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 10:51:31 -0800, charlieb wrote:

See - every day we make memories -for ourselves
as well as others. Doesn't take much to make them
good ones, or at least not bad ones. And sometimes
that Cast Your Bread Upon The Waters thing turns
out to be true.

I think I'm gonna add a signature line
"There are far more angels than assholes"

Thanks for confirming that - again.

charlie b

You're absolutely right, Charlie.. but unfortunately you hear about the assholes
more often..

TomNie November 21st 07 10:41 AM

Not a gloat, but...

That's cause they're a pain in the ass.
And our first thoughts are to remove pain.

Sorta like "hard to remember the objective was to drain the swamp when
you're up to your ass in alligators".

TomNie