DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   More Multi-Axis Stuff - 3 Sided "Box" (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/215813-more-multi-axis-stuff-3-sided-box.html)

charlieb September 27th 07 07:29 PM

More Multi-Axis Stuff - 3 Sided "Box"

If single axis turning is addictive - multi-axis turning is addictive
AND
"challenging". Relatively speaking, single axis turning is like
checkers
while multi-axis turning is more like chess, requiring thinking things
out
in advance and seeing three or more cuts ahead of where you
are at any point while turning a piece. I hope to Buhdda / Buddha that
I don't look into segmented turning - my brain's already approaching
its limits.

After doing two pairs of centers and two intersecting arcs, with
and without a quarter turn twist, I didn't think 3 Arc turning would
be any trickier - I'm only adding one more center and one more arc.

WRONG!

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...iCenters3.html

With all the avenues in the turning world to explore this one looks
very promising - and "challenging". At some point I'm gonna have to
stop saying to myself - "I wonder what's around THAT corner?"

NOT!

charlie b