DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Going Big Heatwise/Weightwise (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/197716-going-big-heatwise-weightwise.html)

ebd April 12th 07 03:47 PM

Going Big Heatwise/Weightwise

I took out the 30 gal barrel stove I had been using and replaced it
with a 55 gal. After lining the inside with firebrick I used sewer
grating as the fire grate - about 200+ lbs. I tested it yesterday. I
admit that the outside temp was much warmer than usual, but inside a
half hour, with 3 very small fans distributing the air, I got an air
temp of 100+ F in an extremely leaky and uninsulated section of the
barn . Better yet, after I cooled the place down by opening the door
and letting the fire die, 3 hours latter I still had 70 F. Even
better, I used less wood than I would have in the 30 gal.