Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Tutor in Indiana

Hello,

I have been turning for a little while, but would like to "sharpen" and
broaden by skills. I am self-taught, which may not be an advantage.
Anyways, I'd like to find out how to do things right. I live in Northwest
Indiana and am looking for a person who could give me some lessons,
especially in bowl turning and hollow form turning.

Tom H.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Tom Huntress wrote:
Hello,

I have been turning for a little while, but would like to "sharpen" and
broaden by skills. I am self-taught, which may not be an advantage.
Anyways, I'd like to find out how to do things right. I live in Northwest
Indiana and am looking for a person who could give me some lessons,
especially in bowl turning and hollow form turning.

Tom H.

I Googled on "Indiana wood turning" and came up with a couple clubs:
http://www.cicaaw.org/
http://www.ovwg.org/

and a couple schools:
http://www.woodturningonline.com/Tur...chools.html#US

There were over 1,000,000 hits on the search term. Poking around just a
little ... look on the SECOND page of the listings for what might
actually be the better links.

Hope this helps.

Bill

is worth a **** unless backed up with enough genuine information to make
him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000723-1, 03/12/2007
Tested on: 3/12/2007 1:10:13 PM

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Tom Huntress" wrote in message
. ..
Hello,

I have been turning for a little while, but would like to "sharpen" and
broaden by skills. I am self-taught, which may not be an advantage.
Anyways, I'd like to find out how to do things right. I live in Northwest
Indiana and am looking for a person who could give me some lessons,
especially in bowl turning and hollow form turning.

Tom H.

Same problem I've faced, Tom. I'm located in north central Indiana. There
is nothing north of Indy in terms of instruction or organizations. I have
located some turners here, and some are quite experienced, but so far none
have been receptive to the idea of helping a beginner. I'm not being
critical--they are generally production artisans and have little or no time
for teaching.

Max