DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bowl lathe for sale (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/194799-bowl-lathe-sale.html)

Richard March 11th 07 11:53 PM

Bowl lathe for sale

I have a large bowl lathe that is taking up room in the shop. It seem
like every time I go out there it gets smaller. Here is a link to the
Craig list site.
http://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/291207353.html
--

Richard

Richard L. Rombold
WIZARD WOODWORKING
489 N. 32nd. St.
Springfield, Or .97478

Take a look at my mess and work.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/...ername=thewizz

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"

hwahl March 14th 07 12:36 AM

Bowl lathe for sale

On Mar 11, 7:53 pm, Richard wrote:
I have a large bowl lathe that is taking up room in the shop. It seem
like every time I go out there it gets smaller. Here is a link to the
Craig list site.http://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/291207353.html
--

Richard

Richard L. Rombold
WIZARD WOODWORKING
489 N. 32nd. St.
Springfield, Or .97478

Take a look at my mess and work.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/...ername=thewizz

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"

Richard - what sized bowls was this designed to handle? I ask
because the motor seems small, there is no description of how it is
weighted, and variable speed is not mentioned (starting a rough 36"
blank at 1100 rpm could be an enlightening experience!)

Thanks - - Hought

Richard March 15th 07 12:32 AM

Bowl lathe for sale

As It says 45" center to floor. So if you want to spin 90" that up to
you(not me). I have turned 36" X 9" and 20" X 12" on it. My usually size
was around 14-16" X 8 - 10". The low speed is around 300 rpm. The motor
is from the 50's I think. big and heave. Weird rpms 1160. I haven't ever
stalled it out. I did bend a tool and break the outboard stand on a
catch. Variable speed wasn't a choice when I built it. I have about 300
lb in the base.(not included)