Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default additions to the web page

Greetings to all. There are a couple of new additions to the web page.

There was a question raised about about any tips regarding things used from
the dollar stores that seem to have sprung up all over. Nah, I thought at
first but once I started to think about it, I started to take pictures of
various items from various drawers. I wonder how many I have missed?dollar
store tips

Finally done, the vase work in progress has become an expression of praise
with outstretched arms.
birch vase

As usual, any comments are welcome, being the brave soul that I am :-)

--

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote:

Greetings to all. There are a couple of new additions to the web page.

There was a question raised about about any tips regarding things
used from the dollar stores that seem to have sprung up all over. Nah,
I thought at first but once I started to think about it, I started to
take pictures of various items from various drawers. I wonder how many
I have missed?dollar store tips

Finally done, the vase work in progress has become an expression of
praise with outstretched arms.
birch vase

As usual, any comments are welcome, being the brave soul that I am :-)

Beautiful Vase!

In addition to dollar stores, I recommend a close look at anything you
are throwing out. Could you use it for some other purpose? Could you
donate it for someone else to use? Can it be recycled?

I also scrounge around in Goodwill and other non-profit thrift stores.
Lots of good stuff. Picked up an unopened copy of older web development
software for $3.00 that retailed for about $300.00 when new. Part of the
Fun is turning up a useable Gem.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Darrell

How are the studies going ?? Can't stay away from that lathe ;-))

As usual a very well done and educational project, and a good looking
artsy object as the end result,

Thanks for all your work you are putting into this, it's always a
pleasure to visit and stay a while at your site.

As for the nickel and dime store, it now is the dollar store, :-, yes
there are some good buys at times.
Like 6" long screwdriver bits, those are made from good chrome
vanadium steel, make good small turning tools.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Mar 4, 7:47 pm, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:
Greetings to all. There are a couple of new additions to the web page.

There was a question raised about about any tips regarding things used from
the dollar stores that seem to have sprung up all over. Nah, I thought at
first but once I started to think about it, I started to take pictures of
various items from various drawers. I wonder how many I have missed?dollar
store tips

Finally done, the vase work in progress has become an expression of praise
with outstretched arms.
birch vase

As usual, any comments are welcome, being the brave soul that I am :-)

--

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS Canadawww.aroundthewoods.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Leo
I know what you mean. We used to go to the "five and dime" when I was a kid.
Now I have to look at those screwdrivers and see what they are made of at my
dollar store.
___
God bless
Darrell Feltmate
www.aroundthewoods.com

oups.com...

wrote:
Greetings to all. There are a couple of new additions to the web page.

There was a question raised about about any tips regarding things used
from
the dollar stores that seem to have sprung up all over. Nah, I thought at
first but once I started to think about it, I started to take pictures of
various items from various drawers. I wonder how many I have
missed?dollar
store tips

Finally done, the vase work in progress has become an expression of
praise
with outstretched arms.
birch vase

As usual, any comments are welcome, being the brave soul that I am :-)

--

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS Canadawww.aroundthewoods.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Darrell & Leo, you two will remember the old ballad, "I found a million
dollar baby at the five and ten cent store".

A corrected version will probably be reissued as hard rock, "I found a
billion dollar lady at the family dollar store".

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Arch wrote:
Darrell & Leo, you two will remember the old ballad, "I found a million
dollar baby at the five and ten cent store".

A corrected version will probably be reissued as hard rock, "I found a
billion dollar lady at the family dollar store".

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Government version--- I paid a billion dollars for a five and dime lady.