DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Oval lathe in production! (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/189892-oval-lathe-production.html)

Dan Bollinger January 21st 07 10:30 PM

Oval lathe in production!

The Volmer oval turning mechanism is in production as a complete lathe. This
design is high speed and zero vibration, unlike early oval mechanisms. If you've
ever been interested in oval turning now is the time to get one:

http://www.drechselzentrum.de/ovaldrehn.html

Volmer's website:
http://www.volmer---ovaldrehen.de/

I'm back at my oval lathe project after nearly a year hiatus:
http://www.claycritters.com/lathe/

Dan

Ted January 22nd 07 02:34 PM

Oval lathe in production!

Does anyone sell this machine in the United States? How much does it
cost? Are there any specs for the machine that are in English?

Dan Bollinger January 22nd 07 02:49 PM

Oval lathe in production!

Does anyone sell this machine in the United States? How much does it
cost? Are there any specs for the machine that are in English?

I don't know. Good questions, though! Write to the company.

Dan

Stephen Nash June 28th 20 02:00 AM

Oval lathe in production!

Dan, do you have a set of plans for your lathe so that a machine shop could build one ? Thanks.

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/woodtur...ion-38418-.htm