DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Elm Gloat (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/187671-elm-gloat.html)

Gerald Ross January 1st 07 12:01 AM

Elm Gloat

My neighbor just cut 5 Elms in his yard. I cut and hauled 3 truck loads
of blocks. Allowing for a few bad sides, I have around 80 bowl blanks
when they are sliced up. So far all are sealed on both ends and 10 bowl
blanks are ready to rough turn.

I keep telling myself it is only a hobby, but myself says it is the next
best thing to WORK!

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Always remember that you are unique.
Just like everyone else.

Darrell Feltmate January 1st 07 02:20 AM

Elm Gloat

Aside from sore backs and the cost of chain oil, we call this "free wood."
Enough free wood and you too need a chiropractor. Nice gloat.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

. com...

Max63 January 1st 07 08:39 AM

Elm Gloat

Boy am I happy this is a NG without pics.
Couldnt stand the pain....
Well done Gerald!

Gerald Ross January 1st 07 11:50 PM

Elm Gloat

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
Aside from sore backs and the cost of chain oil, we call this "free wood."
Enough free wood and you too need a chiropractor. Nice gloat.

My doctor says a massage parlor is a chiropractor with a happy ending.