Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Mylands friction finish streaks how to remove?

I bought some Mylands High Build Friction Polish yesterday and tried it
on a maple weed pot with a 1-1/8" diameter neck and 3" diameter body.
The neck did fine but the body has some rather distinct dull streak
areas. Repeating the polishing didn't seem to help. I saw in some old
postings that I probably didn't generate enough heat while polishing and
should have used two paper towels with polish, one on each side.

So, how do I remove the streaks and do I just try again with two pads
one on each side as it turns?

Thanks.

Fred
Concord, NC
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I'm sure it's not what you want to hear, but I think I'd get rid of it
completely and use something else. I just tried the same product on
two things here that I care about (MISTAKE), and it did not go well at
all. This was not old polish, brand new (at least to me) so I'm
moving on to something else.